My first helmet ever built, the Scout helmet initiated my journey into the propmaking/replica world. I started with a very basic pepakura file from the 405th pepakura database back in 2009 and used basic methods to complete it. The outside was coated with fiberglass resin, the inside was covered with hand laid fiberglass tape (which I soon found was much weaker than mat). The outside was covered in bondo then sanded for smoothness and detail. The same method was used to make the Recon chest attachment below. When I look back at these photos now, I realize how far I've come and how important it is to remember your roots.